Friends of Happy Wen!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Kickin' it up a year, Sis!

My sweet sister's birthday is this week, and she loves horses and has become quite the accomplished amateur competitor in the cutting horse arena. She also rides with the "painted ladies" in drill and parades. I love this Crissy Armstrong image "Gifted Horse" available at Whimsy Stamps.
Used BasicGrey Indian Summer paper that I've had stashed for a few years - love this paper. Magnolia fence, sizzix circles and flourishes, along with Spellbinders scalloped hearts, all cut and embossed with the cuttlebug. I colored with Copics and had a photo of her paint horse "Gunner", so was able to make the image a look-a-like of him = this will really put a smile on her face.
Dolled up the inside, and centered the large heart scallop for my handwritten message to her. The photos don't do all the layers and pop-up dimension justice - it is very much 3d.
Hope you're getting a kick outta your day!
Love, Wendy

No comments: